Vilas Communication Hall
821 University Ave
Madison, WI 53706
Select Creative Works
- Conroy, Colleen (voice over director), "Quest: Journey Through the Lifespan," McGraw-Hill Education and Gear Learning, (2020).
- Conroy, Colleen (voice coach), "dancelikeaman," Kate Corby & Dancers, Margaret H'Doubler Performance Space, (2019).
- Conroy, C. (2021, July). Gender affirming voice training – Leveraging interdisciplinary knowledge in practice design. presented at the Voice and Speech Trainers Association (VASTA) Annual Conference.
- Conroy, C. (2021, June). Coaching the gendered voice: Pitch and resonance vocal modifications in cross-gender role performance. presented at the International Gender and Language Association (Igala11) Annual Conference, Queen Mary University of London.
- Conroy, C. (2021, March). More than words: Vocal performance on screen. presented at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies Annual Conference.
- Conroy, C. (2021, February - 2021, March). A Creatiive Arts Approach to Vocal Expression. presented at the Exploring Vocal Gender Affirmation Event.
- Conroy, C. (2021, February - 2021, March). Exploring Voice Feminization Workshop Series. presented at the Milwaukee LGBT Community Center, Milwaukee, WI.
Select Awards and Honors
- Seed Project Grant for “Bringing Gender Affirming Voice Training to an Underserved Community”, Baldwin Wisconsin Idea Endowment, 2020
- UW-Madison Fall Research Competition for “Regional English Accents Audio and Video Archive”, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, 2020
- UW-Madison Fall Research Competition for “Coaching the gendered voice: an investigation into the impact of pitch and resonance on voice gender perception by utilizing theatre voice training techniques”, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, 2019