Baron is an alum of the PhD program from 2001: https://theatre.wisc.edu/2020/05/14/dr-baron-kelly-joins-uw-madison-department-of-theatre-and-drama/
- PhD Theatre, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2003
- MFA Acting, California State University, 1999
- Diploma Acting, The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, 1989
- Kelly, B., & Kopryanski, K. (2023). Building Embodiment: Integrating Acting, Voice, and Movement to Illuminate Poetic Texts. Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group
- Kelly, B., (2022). Adrienne Kennedy’s Pause. The Harold Pinter Review.
- Kelly, B., (2022). Randall Duk Kim: A Sojourn in the Embodiment of Words. Journal of American Drama and Theatre, Volume 34, Number 2, Spring
- Kelly, B., (2021). Earle Hyman: The Silent Prophet of Protest. In Louis Fantasia (Ed.), Playing Shakespeare’s Tyrants and Rebels New York: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Kelly, B., (2021). Foreword. Actor Training in Anglophone Countries Routledge.
- Kelly, B., (2020). A Raisin in the Sun at 60: A Plenary Discussion. In Amy Muse (Ed.), Text and Presentation, 2019 (pp. 27-48). Jefferson, NC: McFarland and Company.
- Kelly, B., (2020). Interview with Branden Jacobs-Jenkins. In Amy Muse (Ed.), Text and Presentation, 2019 (pp. 5-26). Jefferson, NC: McFarland and Company.
- Kelly, B., (2020). Fences. In Miriam Chirico and Kelly Younger (Ed.), How to Teach a Play: Exercises for the Classroom (pp. 241-243). New York: Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Kelly, B., (2019). Earle Hyman: Scandinavian Successes. In Kathy Perkins, Sandra L. Richards, Renee Alexander Craft, and Thomas F. DeFrantz (Ed.), Routledge Companion to African American Theatre and Performance (CAATP) (pp. 60-65). New York: Routledge Press.
- Kelly, B., (2019). Othello in the Age of the Alt-Right. In Louis Fantasia (Ed.), Playing Shakespeare’s Characters: Lovers (pp. 47-53). New York: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Kelly, B. (2022). Radical Empathy. Lecture presented at the National Theatre Academy of Singapore, Singapore.
- Kelly, B. (2022). The Journey of Ira Aldridge. Lecture presented at the StaffMe, Paris, France.
- Kelly, B. (2021). Anti-racist Forum: Re: ATHE, was it a moment or a movement? Lecture presented at the Association for Theatre in Higher Education, (Virtual Conference).
- Kelly, B. (2021). The Embodiment of Text: Let the Text Play You. Lecture presented at the Association for Theatre in Higher Education, Austin, TX.
- Kelly, B. (2021). Ira Aldridge: Journey to the Door of Empathy. Lecture presented at the Stanislavsky and Gender Webinar, University of Leeds, UK (Virtual Presentation).
- Kelly, B. (2021, October). Ira Aldridge: A Rock Star. Lecture presented at the Skidmore College Students, Saratoga Springs, NY (Virtual Lecture).
- Kelly, B. (2021, July). Binaries of Black and White in Shakespeare’s Macbeth. Lecture presented at the Shakespeare Institute of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- Kelly, B. (2021, June). TEATRON: A Festival of Jewish Theatre. Round Table Discussion presented at the Black and Jewish Allyship.
- Kelly, B. (2021, May). Being a Global Artist. Lecture presented at the Badger Talks Speaker Series.
- Kelly, B. (2021, February). The Power of Real Talk to Make Real Change. Symposium presented at the School of Education’s Offices of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Professional Learning and Community Education.
Select Awards and Honors
- Elected Member, College of Fellows of the American Theatre, Kennedy Center, Washington, 2022
- Vilas Distinguished Achievement Professorship and Creative arts Awards, 2022
- Elected Member, Executive Committee, National Theatre Conference, New York City, 2021
- Elected Member, Executive Committee, American Society for Theatre Research, San Diego, California, 2018
- Fulbright Grant, Ahmadu Bello University, 2016
- Fulbright Grant, National Chung Cheng University, 2011
- Fulbright Scholar Research/Lecturer Grant, University of Bergen, (2007–2008)
- W.E.B. Dubois Institute Fellow, Harvard University, (2002–2003)
- Fulbright Student Grant, (2001–2002)