by Fay and Michael Kanin
Based on the stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa
4-8PM Fri. April 16 & 10-2PM, Sat. April 17 in the Hemsley Theatre
- Actors will be provided sides to prepare upon signing up.
- Callbacks will be held on Sunday, April 18 from 5:00-7:00pm in the Hemsley Theatre.
- Actors must present their Badger Badge before entering the theatre.
- The Director is willing to meet anyone who does not have a green Badger Badge just outside Vilas Hall.
- You may also submit an audition video. Contact David Furumoto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Rehearsal dates: June 7–July 15,2021
- Summer Performances: July 16-25, 2021 (pending Covid policies)
- Fall Remount Performances: September 16-26, 2021
- Director: David Furumoto
IF cast, all students MUST enroll in Theatre 360. Scholarships are available. More info available at auditions.
Scripts are available now. Contact Jahana Azodi at email@example.com for a copy.
LIST OF CHARACTERS
People of all genders, races and abilities are encouraged to audition.
The Priest – a holy man whose faith has been shaken (male-identifying)
The Woodcutter – a simple peasant, who holds perhaps the truth (male-identifying)
The Wigmaker – a grizzled, hard-nosed survivor (gender non-conforming)
Tajomaru – a fearsome bandit, tales of his cruelty and viciousness are legendary (male-identifying)
The Husband – of the elite, warrior class (male-identifying)
The Wife – a woman who has married into a higher social class (female-identifying)
The Mother / The Medium (female-identifying)
The Deputy / Stage assistant / Wood block player (all genders)