The National Opera Association has named the University Theatre/University Opera co-production of INTO THE WOODS as winner of 1st place in the Division IV productions for the 2018-2019 season. Divisions are based on graduate/undergraduate participation, cast, and budgetary considerations in order to compare productions fairly.
The NOA Production Competition entries are judged in the following categories:
- Musicianship (accuracy and musical integrity)
- Quality of singing (as appropriate to the style)
- Diction (clarity and accuracy)
- Dramatic credibility and characterization
- Production concept, staging and execution
- Quality of the production (relative to the budget)
More information on the NOA and the Production Competition can be found here.
Congratulations to Director David Ronis, Conductor Chad Hutchinson, the cast, designers, production team, orchestra, and the Department of Theatre and Drama and the Mead Witter School of Music on an outstanding achievement!